Your “my lips but better” or MLBB color is a lip color that is natural-looking but adds subtle definition and brightens your face. Combined with minimal makeup, it can add polish to an everyday or casual look or it can be the perfect counterbalance to a smoky eye.
While there are perennial favorites among mainstream brands such as Nars Dolce Vita, Mac Cosmo, Mac Shanghai Spice, or Revlon Balm in Honey (see Instagram, Twitter or Reddit for more), there are some compelling reasons to choose a more natural alternative.
Your MLBB shade is highly personal and dependent on your complexion, undertone, and the color of your lips. Here are our top picks:
- Ilia Beauty Funnel of Love – A soft nude with peachy undertones.
- Ilia Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner in Nobody’s Baby – A sheer warm rosy nude.
- RMS Smile – A coral/pink that looks bold in the tube but is sheer. May not be suitable for someone with very cool skin.
- W3LL Nudist Lipshine Stick in Nude
- Ilia Beauty Lip Crayon in Come Undone
- Lip Ink International Liquid Lip Stain in Nude
- Living Nature lipstick in Precious – A natural nude pink lipstick
- Tata Harper Be Adored – A rosy tinted lip treatment.
- Gressa Lip Boost in Bare – A sheer nude with subtle light pink.
- Ilia Beauty Lipgloss in Peek a Boo – A pinky peach nude.
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Perfect Naked Berry Creamstick
- Vapor Lipstick in Saucy
- Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon in Sedona Sands
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig, Caramel or Strawberry
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Honeysuckle