- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or 1 medium jalapeno, diced
- In a large bowl, place the scooped avocado pulp and slice through it using a table knife until it is in small chunks. You can also dice it on a cutting board or in the peel before adding it to the bowl.
- Add the onion, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper (and hot sauce or jalapeno), and mix well.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir gently but thoroughly.
Makes 3 cups.
Adapted from Ina Garten’s Guacamole recipe
If you are serving the avocados later, cover it tightly so that no air gets into it to prevent it from turning brown.